Thursday, February 16, 2012

What He Says... About Random Acts of Kindness

“Courtesies of a small and trivial character are the ones which strike deepest in the grateful and appreciating heart.” ~ Henry Clay

This week is Random Acts of Kindness week. People all over the world are doing a little something extra for total strangers, even just sharing a smile. Though I try to commit RAKs regularly I do make a point of stepping it up during this week.

So of course, I was curious what the guys had to say about RAK. They kind of turned left when I was expecting them to turn right, but they are spreading smiles. And I think that's pretty important.

* * *

Stuart Wakefield:
I have absolutely no idea what this is. Can I take sweets away from a fat kid and tell them it’s for their own good during this week, is that it?


Edmond Manning:
Hey! Why the hell did Stu take my Mounds bar away? Give it back, man.




Damon Suede:
I vote we all stand on a roof somewhere and piss on the sidewalk.





D.H. Starr:
Jeez! You guys are jokesters. ;-) How about we pick a cause that matters to us and do something, just one thing within our power, to help that cause. Maybe I’ll write a short story and ask the publisher to give all my proceeds to a cause of choice.


Stuart Wakefield:
Sorry, Doug. I promise you I’ll do something random and kind during this week.




Thorny Sterling:
I think Damon stopped reading after “Random Acts”. LOL!



Damon Suede:
I didn’t say anyone had to be walking past underneath. :)




Edmond Manning:
Dammit, first I got my candy bar stolen and now it’s raining on me. I don’t understand...it’s not raining anywhere else but right under this building.
    Actually, random acts of kindness are incredibly important to me. In fact, the entire plot of King Perry hinges on Perry’s random act of kindness in chapter one. When I hear/read/see ridiculous gestures of effervescent, sparkling love, I get all teary-eyed. This music video about random kindnesses chokes me up every single time.

* * *

I don't know about you guys, but that video brought tears to my eyes -- I had to hit up iTunes for the song too. So how about you? Did you commit a random act of kindness for a loved one, a friend, a stranger? Did someone commit one for you? Do share. :-)

There's a bonus Thursday in March, which means three installments of What He Says... Our March 1st post will be slightly different, as Edmond's debut novel King Perry releases that week. I'll be posting my review, and Edmond is generously offering up a free ebook copy to one lucky commenter.

Thursday, March 15th the boys are back with their thoughts on where M/M romance is headed.

And don't forget, if you have any topics, questions or photos you'd like the guys to tackle, just shoot them my way. We'll make sure you get the credit.

Previous topics:
   Condoms
   Cross-Dressing
   New Year's Resolutions

1 comment: